Build Error Code: E009
Build Error Message: The provided KeyStore has the wrong key or password.
What does this mean?
This password for the KeyStore Information is wrong.
How to resolve it?
Recheck the password for the KeyStore Information. To check the KeyStore Information settings:
- Go to BuddyBoss App > Configure > Android Settings.
- In the KeyStore Information section, make sure you have the correct Password.
If you have forgotten the Password, you will have to regenerate the KeyStore from scratch and add it to the Android Settings.
To regenerate the KeyStore Information:
- Go to WordPress Admin > BuddyBoss App > Tools > Generate KeyStore.
- Enter a KeyStore Password and KeyStore Alias.
If you leave these fields blank, these details will be generated for you.
- Enter the Certificate Information.
This is the name of the individual or organization signed to this certificate.
Only the First and Last Name field is required, but it is recommended you complete all relevant fields.
If you are releasing your app as an Organization, you should complete the Organization name.
- Click Generate.
- Check the box to confirm you understand you won’t be able to download this KeyStore Certificate again.
- Click Download.
- Back up the ZIP folder with your KeyStore Certificate.
It is very important you back up your KeyStore somewhere safe. Once your Android app is published, all future versions of the app must use the same KeyStore Certificate. This means if you lose your KeyStore Certificate, you will be unable to update your app.
Next, we import the KeyStore Information to your BuddyBoss App:
- Go to WordPress Admin > BuddyBoss App > Configure > Android Settings.
- In the KeyStore Information section, click the Import button.
- Select the zip folder generated by the Generate KeyStore tool.
- Click Save Changes.
With these steps completed, you can now generate builds of your Android app.
You will need to generate a new Android build to apply the changes made to the KeyStore Information settings.